Monday, April 02, 2007

Rainbow Bridge - A place where pets go when they die

My dear friend from high school, with whom I share a love of animals, just told me about the Rainbow Bridge, so I'm putting it here. I went to this church for a couple of years that seems to have gotten its inspiration from this poem, and from this video in particular. It has a big Jesus and a rainbow on the wall over by 35W near the University of Minnesota and it's called "Lovepower." The people are very tender and older and inspired by the 60's, I believe.

I ended up not going there, just dropping in to visit once in a while, because they were a little wacko and had some weird problem relating to young people, and just played very uninspired, twangy music that I couldn't stand. But they helped me during a difficult time, and I was touched by their rainbows and their love of pets and their "pennies from heaven."

I like the poem because it suggests that animals came from God and therefore will return to God, and you will be with them too if you are going to heaven.

No comments: